According to 2019 data, TikTok, which made a big impression with 28.4 million users in Turkey, is a new feature on Instagram under the name Reels, with its general structure apart from a few interface differences. output. Instagram, which previously included the ‘Stories’ offered by Snapchat and the filters used in the stories, continues to include the features that are popular in the social media one by one. After the story feature came, Instagram improved these features a lot, causing a significant decrease in the number of Snapchat users. Let’s see if the same applies to TikTok?
Instagram Reels, whose basic logic is the same as TikTok, is a content format that allows its users to create short 15-second videos and share videos with music added via Instagram Music. Like IGTV content, Reels content is also available to users on the Discover screen. Due to these features, many TikTok users started to share the content they shared on TikTok, as well as on Reels. In fact, it is observed that many users leave TikTok and switch to Reels. As a result of the interest shown in Instagram Reels, a special tab was opened in the Instagram application for Reels with the new update. In this way, users can access Reels videos with one touch.
What are Instagram Reels Features?
- Using all the filters and effects added in the stories in the Reels video,
- editing the video with the timer feature,
- Trimming the desired part of the music to be added,
- Editing the video transition times with the Zoom feature,
- Editing the recorded or selected videos from the gallery and uploading them.
Adding the desired song to the video with the Instagram Music feature,
How to Use Instagram Reels?
Reels has a very easy interface. It is possible to say that its use is also practical. In order to use Instagram Reels:
- Click on the section where the Story is posted by entering the Instagram application.
- Click on the Reels you will see under the screen and the video recording button in the window that opens. Next to Reels, you will also see Live and Stories tabs.
- If you have selected a video or image and are going to upload it to Reels, you can edit the video you recorded by selecting it from your gallery. At this point, you can add music if you wish. Afterwards, you can upload your content by pressing the share button.
- If you have decided to shoot a video by keeping the video record button pressed, you can experience different alternatives with the difference of Reels. So much so that if you want, you can complete the process by recording the videos that you previously divided into a single video. So you can create a video in collage structure. In addition, if you consider adding color to the video, you can make the content fun with the Reels edits on the left.
All the Reels videos you share will be visible in the Discover & Reels section by all other users of Instagram if your account is not private. In order for Reels to be used more and to attract attention, Instagram algorithms offer Reels videos to the user via Discover. At this point, if you want to get yourself a place in Discover, you can consider the method of creating videos on Reels. You can join a new interaction network by creating engaging and entertaining Reels videos. You can make your profiles more popular. If you don’t want your Reels videos to appear on Discover, you can hide your profile.
In addition, you can share your Reels videos in your Story section. These videos can easily be found as posts in the Reels section of your profile, such as IGTV. Including your Reels videos in your stories will attract more attention of your existing followers. Reels videos that fall into your followers’ page flow can be liked, commented on, saved or reposted by your followers just like a regular post. Also, your followers will be able to repost your Reels videos in their stories.
How to Trim Instagram Reels Videos
- If you want to trim any of the videos you have taken, you must first click on the back arrow to the right of the record button.
- Then you should touch the clip you want to edit.
- When you tap on the clip you prefer, you can select the videos you want to delete or trim.
- You can use drawing and text tools to add to your video, and you can use many hashtags on Instagram.
- When you’re done editing your video, you can choose a clip from the video for your cover photo or a cover photo from your gallery
- You can share your video with the Discover stream or with the Reels video feature, which is the new feature of Instagram.
- Also, you can return to your Reels drafts thanks to the Reels tab. You can have the opportunity to access the Reels videos of your followers.
What are the Advantages of Using Instagram Reels?
It is a brand new feature produced by Instagram as a competitor to TikTok. In order to make this feature more active, Instagram has started to highlight the content created with Reels. In this way, profiles that produce content with Instagram Reels started to get more interaction, gain a place in Discover and increase their hit rates. As such, Instagram Reels has come to a position that provides unique advantages in terms of being popular.
The fact that users who share on TikTok are increasingly using the Reels platform has increased the popularity of the Reels feature. In this way, interaction rates have increased significantly. You can create different structures in Instagram by adding music to 15-second videos. Thanks to Reels, which allows you to open the doors of popularity, you can quickly become a phenomenon.
So much so that if you are marketing products or services on Instagram, this feature will add a different vision to your account. You can increase the traffic to your profile by shooting Instagram reels videos. Reels videos allow you to take part in the discovery quickly and you can be among the popular accounts.
Reels From Instagram What is the Goal of Video Feature?
Reels videos, which have become very popular in the last 1 year, have shaken TikTok’s throne to a large extent. According to researches, real videos on TikTok made the most downloads in 2020. The change of the social structure in TikTok at short intervals makes companies that share advertising content on social media more profitable. Channels such as TikTok, which were previously dominated by the Z generation, are now receiving intense attention from the Y generation. As such, it seems inevitable that the applications that have gained popularity in Tiktok will also take their place on Instagram. In previous years, Facebook, the source company of Instagram, was trying to try similar applications on Instagram. Facebook puts the alternatives it creates and the alternatives caught in Tiktok into practice.
What are the Similarities of Instagram Reels and TikTok?
Reels videos used in the TikTok application allow you to share with music and lead you to be featured in the highlights section in a short time. You can have a pleasant time in the Reels area of Instagram. At the same time, you can create videos and share them with millions of people.
- The visibility of Instagram Reals videos is related to who you follow and what content you interact with.
- In the Featured tab, you may encounter users who are similar to the profiles you have followed before.
- In this way, what you like is taken into account and a selective profile is created.
- With this feature, Instagram Reels TikTok is similar to TikTok.
TikTok Duet Tool and Instagram Remix
You can discover the duet tool you encountered on TikTok with the new remix application on Instagram. Remix innovation allows the videos to react to each other while they are together.
- If you want to respond to a video, tap on the “Remix this reel” option.
- After you make this choice, you get reels. You can shoot video. Or you can add it.
- The video you will shoot covers the right part of your screen, and the selected video is on the left.
- If there is no feature specified in the three points you click, it is understood that the user on the other side has turned off the remix reel feature.
You can now make fun content by using the Instagram reels feature. You can also get comprehensive information about current Instagram trends on our site.
Frequently Asked Questions
Instagram Reels, whose basic logic is the same as TikTok, is a content format that allows its users to share videos with 15 seconds of music.
These are adding music to video via Instagram Music, filters and effects, timer and Zoom feature. All features can be seen on the left side of the Reels video capture screen.
To write a story, enter the section you entered and click the Reels tab under the round video record button. On the screen that opens, you can upload the video or image you have recorded, or by shooting and editing new videos.
Try closing and reopening the application. If it doesn’t work, check if the application is up to date and try again. There may have been an error caused by the update.
Open the application, enter your profile and click on the Reels option, then you can see all your Draft Reels videos by coming to the drafts section.
Length of Instagram Reels videos It can be up to 30 seconds.